(DYNAMIC MOVEMENTS BEFORE A ROUND OR PRACTICE SESSION)
A dynamic warm-up specific to golfers is designed to build your mobility and stability, activate the muscles you will use, and get your body ready for the powerful and complex movements of the golf swing.
1. release (1-2 MINUTES PER EXERCISE)
FOAM ROLLING OF ALL AREAS (ITB-QUADS-HAMSTRINGS-LOWERBACK-GLUTES)
• This is to be done at home or in a change room as you arrive
• Alternativey to a foam roller you can use a hard ball or tennis ball, a frozen water bottle.
2. RAISE YOUR HEART RATE (5 MINUTES LIGHT CARDIO AT 60% OF HEART RATE MAX)
• 30 seconds jogging on the spot
• 30 seconds butt kicks
• 30 seconds jumping jacks
• 30 seconds high knees
3. MOBILISE (2 SETS/8-10 REPS/HALVE THE REPS PER LEG)
ASSISTED STRETCHING USING GOLF CLUB/TOWEL/ELASTIC
• Stand in an address position
• Cross your left arm on your chest and hold it at the elbow with your right arm (if right-handed golfer). Cross your right arm on your chest and hold it at the elbow with your left arm (if left-handed golfer).
• Pull your shoulder blades together
• Rotate into your backswing position
• Repeat 10 times
MODIFIED GOOD MORNINGS
• Slightly flexed knees
• Grab club and bend at hips
• Let arms hang relaxed in front of legs
• Stretch hamstrings and lower back by lowering club down legs